Miracle Marriages is an initiative by GMI to facilitate those seeking godly partners for the lifelong covenant of marriage.
Is Marriage on your mind?
While you prayerfully consider marriage, we request you to also prepare yourself for marriage by understanding what the Word of God has to say. Some thoughts we would like to share with you.
- Marriage was established by God.
The book of Genesis, through the creation and unification of Adam and Eve, clearly explains that marriage is from God.
Genesis 2:20b-22 “So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.”
- Marriage is relationship between a man and woman
Genesis 2:24 “That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.
It is not a relationship between a man and a man, or woman with a woman.
- A Christian marriage is between two believers
2 Corinthians 6:14-16a “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God…”
- The foundations of marriage are based on ‘Love and Respect’.
Ephesians 5:33 “However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.”
- Marriage reflects the relationship between Christ & His church
Ephesians 5:22-25 “Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.”
- Marriage is for lifelong companionship
In a God ordained marriage there is security, love, and companionship.
Ecclesiastes 4:9: “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?”
If you would like the Miracle Marriage team to support you through this journey, please read on:
- Process At Miracle Marriages
- Speak to your Church Pastor (or his wife)
- Prayerfully consider marriage
- Fill up the attached form and upload it in the link below
- You will receive a confirmation email within a few days.
- All further communication will be routed through your Church Pastor / assigned elders.
Are you ready for Marriage?
Some questions to consider and ponder over as you prepare for marriage – you could use these points to discuss with your mentor or Pastor before proceeding with the prospect of marriage.
- Are you a born again believer? Are you clear about your relationship with God?
- Are there relationships in your past that you still hold on to?
- What role will your family play in your life once you are married?
- What about your financial situation? Are there big financial commitments you have? Will it be a burden for the person you marry?
- Do you have clarity on what you are looking for in a marriage partner? Will be good to list out the ‘must-haves’.
- Recommended Books to read —
- “I Married You” – by Walter Trobisch
- “I Isaac, take thee Rebekah” by Ravi Zacharias
- “Sex, Love & Marriage” by Zac poonen (available as a free download on the net in pdf format)
- A set of DVDs on premarital counseling Course as well as “Marriage Course” published by Holy Trinity Brompton (HTB). (They are the ones who have produced the Alpha course for Christian Foundation)
- Have a look at our video seminars conducted by experienced facilitators here.
- We also conduct a day’s workshop on pre-marital counselling – you can connect with your pastor for more details.